BioBag International AS’s Q&E policy is to achieve sustained, profitable growth by providing products/services which consistently satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers, with respect for the environment.
We can achieve this through adopting a system of procedures, work instructions, etcetera that reflect the competence of our company to existing customers, potential customers, and independent auditing authorities.
Achievement of this Q&E policy involves all staff, who are individually responsible for the quality of their work, resulting in a continually improving working environment for all.
The objectives of our Q&E Management System are:
- Maintaining a documented Q&E Management System.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by the constant application of the above-mentioned standards and by consistently manufacturing and distributing our products in accordance with the requirements of our customers.
- Measuring and benchmarking our customer’s satisfaction in order to ensure a process of continual improvement, including the establishment of appropriate quality and environmental objectives with related targets.
- Using the input of employees, customers, shareholders and other interested parties/stakeholders to improve the quality of our products, services and processes and to minimize any adverse health, safety and environmental impacts.
- Provide adequate training to relevant employees to ensure their overall competency.
- Comply with applicable regulatory, legislative and other requirements pertinent to our environmental aspects.
- Identify the environmental impacts and aspects associated with our activities. Reduce such impact, if environmentally and cost beneficial, for instance by using Skype instead of travelling.
- Ensuring that our Q&E policy is communicated and understood by all BioBag employees, BioBag Production Partners and subcontractors and is made available to the public upon request.
- Continuously caring for our employees through involvement, training and personal development.
This policy is supported and periodically reviewed for continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness by the management of BioBag International AS. Management shall commit the necessary resources to ensure that compliance with the above is achievable.
04.01.2019 Kjell Ivar Bache
Norwegian Transparency Act
The Transparency Act entered into force in Norway on July 1. 2022. The purpose of the act is to secure businesses’ respect for Basic Human Rights and Decent Working Conditions, as well as ensure the public’s access to information about the work initiatives in the BioBag Group.
BioBag Group are in the process of implementing the Business Transparency Act and securing Basic Human Rights and Decent Working Conditions in the business. Due diligence assessments have been going on for a while, but this work will continue over time.
This is the first report that we have prepared, based on the requirements of the Transparency Act. We will in this report, provide an overall picture of the methodology and preliminary assessments.
The due diligence assessment:
BioBag Group has own operations with subsidiaries in the following countries: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, Ireland, UK, USA, Canada, and Australia.
BioBag Group has carried out the due diligence assessment with focus on the suppliers with the largest delivered volumes within our core business and with the largest presumed risk in our value chain. These suppliers are located in: Italy, Estonia, USA, Australia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belgium, Slovenia and Portugal.
We have strict demands on our business relationships. Our ethical guideline Code of Conduct (CoC) is part in the evaluation if supplier meet our requirements. This forms part of a continuous evaluation process when supplier agreements are entered. We will work with our suppliers to help ensure that they follow up on their obligations to risk assessment and measures relating to the products and services that we buy. All major suppliers have been included in a comprehensive supplier assessment where most angels of their respective business have been reviewed and reported. Site audits are carried out for relevant suppliers by the company or by contracted parties.
Other suppliers will be included as the work with the Transparency Act continues.
We have zero tolerance for any illegal or unethical business behavior internally and among business associates.
BioBag Group has a comprehensive Code of Conduct (CoC) which provides directives on both internal and social business practice regarding the compliance with social standards for BioBag Group.
The CoC has been distributed to all employees, explained by managers, and signed by everyone. It has been translated to local language where that have been necessary.
The CoC outlines among other things how managers and employees can interact with colleges but also business relations. It’s a stipulation of what is acceptable business behavior when it comes to the suppliers we wish to utilize and that any doubt/concern shall be investigated.
We support our employees to exploit their full potential by offering a workplace with mutual trust and respect, where they can feel responsible and influence the company’s performance.
We maintain a good communication culture with our employees through our guidelines and procedures.
We undertake to provide all our employees with fair compensation, safe working conditions and encourage our employees to report all notifiable incidents.
We are committed to safeguarding health, environment, and safety in the workplace. Our HSE work is of crucial importance for future success, and is one of the cornerstones for good results, good quality and high employee satisfaction.
Further work with the Transparency Act:
During the implementation of the requirements of the Transparency Act and in our ongoing compliance with the Act, we will:
- Include more suppliers into the supplier assessment program.
- Carry out more supplier audits.
- Improve and specify our procurement procedures to ensure that the requirements under the Transparency Act are met.
We will explain our due diligence assessments on our website. For questions or feedback, please contact email@example.com