Compostable films for optimized performance
BioBag films are available in many grades suitable for distinctive industrial applications. We have decades of experience running customized films with accurate performance to meet our customer’s product application expectations.
• Improved Comfort and Personal Safety
• Environmentally Sustainable
• Excellent Mechanical Properties
Contact us for specific product information by using the contact form in the brown text-box on this page.
Environmental Sustainable Products
BioBag is one of the pioneers within the bioplastics industry. We have extensive experience in tailor making films with the right performance for our customer’s products.
Our films strongly contribute to building powerful, environmentally focused brands without compromising performance. The unique characteristics of our films make them suitable for packaging, hygiene products, and various industry applications.
Improved Comfort and Personal Safety
BioBag films have a soft and silky surface which is very well suited for direct contact with the body. The natural breathability of our films allow moisture to evaporate, giving increased comfort and drier skin. These features are highly appreciated by consumers. Skin irritations and reddening are less frequent and less severe with BioBag films.
BioBag compostable films are hypo-allergenic and are safe for skin contact. Our films are non-cytotoxic which means they are certified as a complete biological barrier to viruses and bacteria while still maintaining breathability.
The breathability of the film can also be tailored to a customer’s requirements. We offer several grades of breathability, ranging from 250 – 950 gr*30μm / m2* 24 h.
Excellent Mechanical Properties
The mechanical properties of BioBag technical films range from LDPE to HDPE, meaning that our films can be processed in standard converting lines and techniques without any major changes. BioBag technical films can be Flexo printed and coloured with compostable masterbatch without any pre-treatment. Our films have a good adhesion to paper and non-wovens and are excellent barriers to oil and fats.
- Feminine hygiene
- Bed linen
- Outer and single unit packaging
- Laminated products
- Agricultural products
- Food packaging
- Shopping bag films
- Other customized needs
Unique Selling Points
- BioBag manufactures and distributes environmentally sound and sustainable products that can be composted
- BioBag products are certified compostable and biodegradable
- BioBag products can be made in many colours using a variety of compostable masterbatches
- BioBag can print up to 8 colours using compostable inks
- BioBag films can be produced in thicknesses from 8 to 180 micron
- BioBag can supply industrial and home compostable films
Approvals & Certifications
- BioBag technical films are approved for food contact according to the European Directive EC 2002/72
- BioBag offers grades that are biodegradable in soil and certified for home composting
- BioBag is certified by “OK Compost” and “DIN Certco”according to the European Standard EN 13432 and also certified by the BPI (Biodegradable Products Institute) according to the US Standard ASTM D6400
- BioBag can provide all environmental data needed